Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Care Pack from mom :)

The roads in Tarbes are slick with ice after the heavy snowfall. For one who is not used to it, I nearly fell so many times but thank God each time I've managed to regain my balance. Fred tells me that people have broken bones by skidding on icy roads.
Last Saturday I had an appointment in town with my friend. I wanted to bus it in as I have never driven in the snow before and was rather fearful of driving. Unfortunately for me, after trudging out in the cold and waiting for a good 20 minutes, the bus never came. In a way it was a good thing I suppose as I then got into my car and drove slowly towards Centreville.
This morning, the car doors refused to slide open as the rubber was frozen from the cold. It was -3 this morning as Lucas & I finally managed to drive to school. Fred had to come downstairs and force open the door.
Then he found out that he should not have done that cos if he'd damaged the rubber, to replace it would cost us 160 euros!

And finally today I came home and found that the stuff my mom sent is finally here! Oh joy!!!! I was so happy to see the maggi mee, yoko yoko (for my rheumatism...poor me...), my special shampoo that prevents hair loss and makes my hair grow extra fast and all the sachets of rendang mix, garlic prawns mix, sweet and sour ribs mix... and of course Lucas' favourite - the cucur mix in various flavors!!!!
I immediately broke open the Asam Laksa maggi mee for lunch :)



Now my life will feel complete if I could have some Char Koay Teow and TI chee cheong fun.... and some roti canai and teh tarik...                                                                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. im not sure abt char koay teow, but for roti canai and teh tarik u can find them in gare du nord if u come to paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you La Diva :) I can't wait to get there and have roti canai!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! You can get them in frozen form here so maybe someone can overnight you some.

    ReplyDelete