Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Lucas at 3.8 years

My gorgeous little boy is growing up so fast! Too fast, in fact! The cutest thing he's been doing this week is walking away from me, then turning back halfway and telling me "I'll be back in 5 minutes" putting his hand and spreading his 5 fingers out at me. 
Everyday when I pick him up from school, he runs into my arms happily, grabs my face with two hands and gives me a big kiss. These days Lucas likes to sing Barney's "I Love You" (with all the kisses and hugs and high fives) and everytime we put on socks, without fail, he starts singing "This little piggy.."

Lucas helps clear the dishes after meals, and loves to vacuum the floor with our hand held vacuum. He is also getting more independant, choosing what he wants to wear, taking off and wearing his clothes himself (though he has not mastered putting on socks or putting on his Tshirt). He goes to the toilet himself (and switches on the lights, closes the door and locks it...) and he has also attempted to wipe himself after. Once, I was not alert or quick enough, he'd already wiped himself and put on his pants before I caught on! Lucas' favourite thing to do for now is hand washing! AND peeing on my plants in the garden! 

When we go to the supermarket, he is like a little man, pushing his mini shopping cart and filling it with stuff he wants to buy! I always end up having to put stuff back on the shelves which make our shopping time longer than usual. But its such a joy to watch him choosing the stuff, and talking to me like an adult - telling me we need to buy his chocolate milk because "its all finished" and telling me he "wants the Mickey ice cream, not this ice cream" when I pick the wrong one.

When he comes home from school, and Fred asks him what he ate for lunch, he tells us proudly what was served for lunch. Eliane tells me that Lucas' eating habits have improved and he is now well behaved in school. She says he is grown up already...

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Lucas!! :-), surely Mommy is very proud of you. Good parenting skills you must have displayed, Roni, coz your Lucas is fast growing into a very thoughtful little man:-)...now i need to make Mademoiselle 'A' pick up her own toys and help clear dishes as well hehe...btw is Lucas's bday Dec 17th 2007? then Ms A and Luc are five days apart:-)
    Bon Weekend, Roni.
    Cheers,
    J.D - subang j.

    ReplyDelete