Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday

Monday...
Now that I have a school going toddler, I find myself waking up earlier than usual; to get breakfast ready and myself ready before waking Lucas to get him ready for school. My angel's day went fine today - I can't help it, I worry everytime I drop him off; worry about potty accidents, worry about him throwing tantrums and screaming, worry that he would hurt himself playing in school, worry he would come home with head lice (the lice shampoo ads are everywhere on TV!!!) ...
Everytime I go pick Lucas up, I expect the teacher to tell me something is wrong. And everytime I breathe a sigh of relief when she doesn't say anything other than calling out to Lucas to let him know that I was there.

Anyway, first week of school and all, and the teachers are already starting their strike (no school tomorrow as the teachers are on strike!) I suppose that is one bad thing about public schools; but at least the school put a note in Lucas' communication book to let us know that they will be on strike...

Today I pretended to cry when Lucas pinched my cheeks and was surprised to hear him say "why you cry?" and after, he said "pourquoi tu pleure?"
I have a feeling that in a couple of months Lucas will be speaking more french than I... and I'd better start to buck up and finish my french exercises!!!

Fred finally "fenced" up the fence so that we would have more privacy. The fencing ( material made of branches) was not cheap at all (50 euros for 3 metres); but cheaper than using wood and more ecological than using plastic. Next up, we have to dig up all the thistle and dandelions in the garden, and hopefully plant some Fall shrubs - too late to start a potager now, we will do it next Spring instead.
I took a friend's advice about using tea tree oil and Vicks to deter the cats from coming into the garden - it seems to be working but then it rained tonight so I suppose I may have to redo the whole process tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment