Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a week!

The past week has been totally crazy for us. We finally moved into our new home (yay!!!!) with the help of some terrific friends. I really wasn't expecting a lot and was actually worried that we'd end up moving stuff by ourselves (even though our friends said they would help, I didn't think that the commitment level was that high), but on moving day, everyone turned up on time and since Fred had already started to move boxes of stuff the night before, we were off to a really good start.
The heavies (frigo, TV, cabinets etc) were done in a couple of hours. The girls were really fantastic - they helped me clean up the old apartment, including getting down on their knees and rubbing alcohol to get rid of marks left behind by Lucas' stickers. AND Cathy even made pizza for lunch - we ended up at my MIL's for lunch before resuming work at the new apartment. MIL took the task of taking care of Lucas for the entire day (a first, with many more to come I hope!) and prepared dinner for us later that night.

Week 1 in our new home, I still haven't unpacked another dozen boxes, most of which are my clothes and bags and shoes. The girls visited 2 days ago with a nectarine flan for tea. I have met our neighbours and the 2 neighborhood cats that regularly poo in my garden. (If anyone of you reading this has a tip on how to stop the cats from coming to my garden and making deposits - any help will be appreciated!)

On another note, Lucas started his ecole Maternelle last Thursday. He was one of the few kids who did not cry, but we did get reprimanded by the maitresse for putting pull-ups on him (I was worried about accidents, but the maitresse told me not to put any form of diapers on Lucas or else he has to stay home!!!)
So, I spent another sleepless night worrying about Lucas' potty training and sent him to school on Friday sans diaper. I spent another 3 hours worrying while he was in school but to my delight, he was dry and clean when I picked him up. AND he went to the school toilet to pee.
Back at home, Lucas is no longer using the diaper except when he goes to sleep - I am not ready to deal with sleepless nights changing linens just yet; and even when we go out, Lucas is able to be without his diaper. Of course there were a couple of accidents, but more with his "deposits".
Yesterday Lucas gave Fred his birthday present when he finally "ka-ka" sitting on the toilet. Later that evening he told me again "ka-ka" but then he got distracted by some food and I thought that he would do the deed later... but nope, he did it in his underwear while eating!
Same thing happened today when I went out grocery shopping and Lucas was home with Fred. He told Fred "ka-ka" and Fred thought he could wait but he didn't. Both times were our fault. Now if Lucas tells us "ka-ka" we will put him on the toilet ASAP.

One good thing I noticed at the school is that the maitresse managed to get Lucas to sit still. Both times when I went to pick him up, he was sitting down waiting for me. That in itself is a miracle. The maitresse (Noelle) told Fred that when Lucas doesn't listen she gives him "the look" :)
I am happy that Lucas has Noelle who is fantastic with him and shows him immediately who is the boss :) Lucas needs a lot of boundaries and Noelle knows it.

Next up, when Lucas is feeling more adjusted about the school, I will leave him there for lunch at the canteen.

We indeed have lots to be thankful for - good friends, a wonderful teacher for Lucas and our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment