Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bully

I think I did a little boo-boo today :(
There is this angelic looking blonde boy in Lucas' class who is downright mean to Lucas, everytime he sees Lucas. When Lucas wanted to go play with him, he would start "shooting" at Lucas, with full sound effects and runs around Lucas shooting at him. A few times he'd shouted that Lucas is not my friend!

So this afternoon when I dropped Lucas off at school and we were walking in through the gates, along comes this boy and his younger brother and his pregnant mom. Lucas is happily walking to his class, minding his own business when this blondie comes running to Lucas with his brother and he starts his irritating "shooting" sounds again. His mother doesn't seem to care and since they didn't touch Lucas I didn't say anything, even though I was annoyed.
Then, his younger brother suddenly ran forward and with both hands pushed Lucas! My reflex reaction was to raise my voice and say "hey! stop!". All the mother did was pull her son off and gave me a dirty look, like I should not have shouted at her bully of a son.

Should I not have shouted? Should I have smacked that little twerp instead? His own mother doesn't seem to think that he's done anything wrong... Am I being over protective here?

No comments:

Post a Comment