Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

KL and beyond Part 2

Since our trip back to KL, I found that a lot has changed in the past 2 years. KL is more expensive than what I remember, I find that I no longer tolerate traffic jams, the taxis that Lucas and I took are clean and now go by meters though I have to say the meters have surely been tampered with - a one way trip from IKEA back to KLCC cost me RM32.

One thing is for sure - I miss my friends back in KL. I miss hanging out with them, attending dinner parties, going out, watching movies or just the leisurely coffee.
In KL, after we left Grace's, I was feeling a bit unsettled - its not the same when you don't have your own place to go back to. I miss having my own car and my own apartment in KL.
I even miss the thought of going to work, getting all dressed up and ready to face the day.

Lucas' sleep routine went back to normalcy within the first week we got back to France, except now, he wants to sleep with us in our bed. But his sleep hours are fine.
Lucas has also started to attend afternoon classes at school. So now, every morning I send him to school at 9am, pick him up at noon for lunch, then send him back to school at 2pm and pick him up at 5pm.
It was a hard first week, as he was adjusting to going back to school and he also had an infection under his foreskin which hurt; Lucas also would not nap in school during his afternoon class and I was told by his teacher that if he doesn't nap, Lucas cannot attend the afternoon class anymore.
By some miracle, Lucas actually started napping on his 2nd afternoon class. So now he is more adjusted.
I've noticed that in the past couple of days he would disappear into his room to read. He still comes running for a "big hug" but he is not as clingy anymore.

I am still having problems feeding him vegetables - he refuses to touch them! But Lucas is now eating apples, yoghurt and steak hache (hamburger meat). I try to give him a variety but it takes a long time for Lucas to eat something new. He still loves his chicken nuggets, french fries, fish fingers, macaroni and pesto and he eats chunks of cheese. His chocolate intake has been cut down to a chocolate cookie for school and his chocolate milk. Since KL, he has stopped taking his bottle of milk before bed.

As for potty training, I managed to get him to do his ka-ka in the toilet twice before he regressed and asked for his beloved pampers again... Nowadays he uses his pampers only at night (or when he needs to "go"). And I have started putting him on the potty before he goes to sleep to try to get him ready to go without his diapers when he sleeps at night. So far he still pees into his pull ups at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment