Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

Ball!

Lucas said his first word!!!! AND its not mama or papa. Fred had his computer on and Lucas wandered in, saw a picture of a ball on the computer, pointed and said very clearly "ball". Needless to say I was ecstatic that he's finally said his first word at 20 months. I was getting kinda worried as at 20 months Luc should be saying at least 10 words already. But then he was in an environment where his maid did not talk to him which is why he's slow in speaking. Fred also qualified that maybe its also that he's processing 2 languages in his head. I read that when we speak 2 languages or more to the child, by the time he's 4, he would be fluent in both languages. I have been making up for lost time with Lucas - and both Fred and I are making a conscious effort to speak to him, to explain to him what we are doing, where we are going, what he is seeing. Even when I am changing Lucas, I explain everything to him and he is more cooperative after I started explaining.

We are currently looking for a playgroup for Lucas - so that he can start making friends and learn social skills. My MIL recommended a place near the hospital which is great as its walking distance for me. We will go find out if Lucas can enrol 2-3 times a week for 3 hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment