Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

lazy weekend

Well, the title says it all - we spent Fred's 2 off days not doing much. The weather was really nice, sunny & windy but we were both too tired to do much. Fred spent all day Sunday putting up all the bathroom cabinets and chest of drawers for our room, so I re arranged our clothes into the drawers. I have so many clothes, the 12 drawers are still not enough and I have more coming!!!! Looks like I'm going to have to start clearing out some clothes.

Yesterday we went for a walk at the park to feed the ducks and fishes. Lucas went to the playground for a while. Then we came home as there was nothing much and Lucas kept playing with dirt at the park.

We are going to start re training Luc today about his terrible eating habits. Actually we started last night at dinner. Lucas spent the last 9 months with a maid who switches on the TV whenever its time for him to eat just cos its easier to feed a video zombie. Back in KL my mom & I have tried several times to break that habit and the maid eventually reverts back to showing Lucas Barney videos to get him to eat. But this time both Fred & I are determined to break this habit once and for all. Needless to say, Lucas didn't eat his cereal last night but we did manage to get him to eat some risotto with maman & papa at the dining table (not much, most of it ended up on the floor and on his face but it was a start)
This morning, again there was no Barney for breakfast cereal but I managed to give him 8 oz of milk and a piece of brioche.
For lunch later I will make tuna pasta and will again let him eat with us at the table. Hopefully within 10 days he'd have broken this habit completely and then we have to start to wean Lucas off the pacifier!

I have also started on the random dot flashcards from Shichida but Boo doesn't seem too interested. So far today we only managed to get up to 30... I will show him the dot cards twice a day before food and gradually move up to 100 before we start on additions.

Lucas is growing so quickly, I'm glad that I am here to see each milestone. I think its very important that one parent is with the child full time during the first 3 years where their personality and intelligence level is developing the fastest. While Lucas is a very spirited child and it can be quite exhausting (its natural since he's a toddler now and EVERYTHING, esp electrical items are fair game) I reap plenty of rewards when I watch him learn new things. Sometimes, he surprises me with his antics - like when he's watching Barney on TV and Barney sings "with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.." Lucas comes over to me and gives me a hug and a kiss. Sometimes, its exasperating but it teaches me patience. I try to remind myself that my little man is a person with his own personality and likes and dislikes.
I accept that this wonderful, beautiful, happy little boy is God's gift to me & Fred and I thank God every night that He has given me this little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment