Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reality bites

Its starting to hit home that I am now in a foreign country with practically no one (except Fred). Now that's really scary. Sometimes I wonder if it was madness that stirred me to leave everything that mattered behind and move. But then I look at how happy my Lucas is, and start to feel OK. There are quite a few "if only..." right now in my mind. Put it down to homesickness, I guess. I even miss work - LOLs....

Seriously tho', I feel a bit helpless and lost right now. I think Fred feels it too cos he's starting to worry about me. I miss hanging out with my friends. I miss going out and taking a drive to TMC for eggs. I miss bitching about evil co workers with my colleagues. I miss coming home from work. I miss hanging out by the pool. I miss my mom & dad. I miss hanging out with my sister. I miss being independant and free. I miss coming home on Tuesday nights and watching Ugly Betty, 90210, Brothers and Sisters and Lipstick Jungle, all in one go!

And when Lucas is taking his nap, I miss him...! New word for today "BIRD". He can pick out the flashcard with the picture of a Bird when asked :-)

4 comments:

  1. Boo hoo!!!!! Its tough!!! I miss you too.. :(
    Hang in there, it'll pass and b4 you know it, we'll be visiting and all.. :P
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Roni.... I miss you too... Miss all the long lunches we had, and not forgetting the shopping...
    But u'll definitely not want the stress & pressure at work. You'll get used to the place in no time. Have fun there! You wanted to do lots of things,remember? Don't slack!

    Went to Ling tailor today, she sent her regards. And i still can't find the lashes you wanted!! aiks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong Roni, hang in there. Another reason why you should stick on in France, imagine Lucas growing up with a bunch of lazy, useless lepak-ing friends, hanging out at malls whistling at girls. dont study, always play hookie. Worse still, going around in a bike rempit-ing around. Thats not gonna happen now since he is in beautiful south of France learning about escargots, carrefour, garlic bread, latte and les bleus. :)

    We miss you too, but am happy your quality of life is SO much better there. At the very least, you dont have to soak up the haze graciously given to us by our warm Indon neighbours.

    Agape,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to London if you are bored..We are only in London.. Neighbour!

    ReplyDelete