Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heatwave!

Woke up this morning , looked out the window to see fog which means today will be extremely HOT! August seems to be the hottest time of the year. I have been closing the shades on the windows and doors to keep the heat out, the fans are on 24-7. All over the news people are advised to stay indoors and to drink a lot of water.
People ask me where I'm from and when I tell them Malaysia, they think that this heat is a breeze for me :P
What they don't realize is in Malaysia, we are in air cond all the time, except when we walk out for lunch and walk to the car... so this heat is sweltering even for a tropical person like me!
I had a massive headache yesterday from the heat, and today I took Lucas out for walkies early to avoid the mid day sun.

Later this afternoon, I will bring Lucas to the shopping mall for the air cond :)
We have to walk to the bus stop and wait under the sun, but the end result might just be worth it...

1 comment: