Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

Mat Rempits, H1N1 & Andy Lau

Wow, this whole week has passed in a blur! My days seem to be all Lucas, laundry, lunch, grocery list, dinner and looking forward to some me time after dinner.
The weather has changed for the past couple of days. It's cold for late August. This morning was 12 degrees; its been overcast for the whole day and its 22 degrees now (230 pm).
Weather forecast tells me its the same for tomorrow as well... Looks like its going to rain too, so Lucas & I will once again forego our walk around the neighborhood.

The H1N1 is getting bad in France. A few days ago, there was 1 death of a healthy person who contracted H1N1. Previous deaths were of patients who were suffering illnesses made worst by the H1N1. Yesterday's news showed 2 rugby players contracted the disease as well. The Government is making the H1N1 vaccine available to everyone for free. They announced this last night, so anyone can walk into their doctor's office for the vaccine. We have been asked to start washing our hands and bringing bottles of antiseptic hand wash with us.

Lucas & I try to avoid crowded places and I air our apartment everyday by opening the windows during lunch hour when there is no traffic outside. In Tarbes the most quiet time is mealtimes, where no one is on the road from 12pm - 2 pm, and evenings from 7 pm - 9 pm. Literally everyone is eating at home or in cafes, so no one is out on the road. If you look out my window during those time, its totally dead. And the road outside my apartment is normally busy during other time of the day and night.

Oh, did I tell you we have our very own Mat Rempits here? Totally annoying, but apparently the police have a hard time tracking them as they split up and communicate with each other via mobile phones. The police should really camp outside our apartment building as most mornings around 2 am, the mat rempits zoom past in their big bikes, waking up half the neighborhood including me and sometimes Lucas.
Last night it was virtually impossible for me to get back to sleep again and when I finally did in the wee hours of the morning, Lucas woke up and wanted his breakfast.

Tonight I have 2 back to back episodes of CSI NY to look forward to. I try not to miss out on the CSI (Miami, NY and LV) as they are the only English speaking TV shows I can get here. Its weird watching Ugly Betty, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, The Simpsons and Desperate HW in french.

Oh I just read about Andy Lau and his 24 year "secret" courtship! Its bizarre that there are some hard core fans out there threatening to kill themselves just because he is getting married to his long time love- c'mon, even if Andy doesn't have his Carol, its not as if that deranged fan will stand a chance to be Mrs. Andy Lau...

No comments:

Post a Comment