Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Food et al
















I really miss food in Malaysia!!!! And I also miss the convenience of just hopping into the car and driving over to Lucky Garden for hokkien mee just cos I don't feel like cooking... For sure there are no mamak stalls or tai chow stalls here and packed food means a sandwich, pizza, salad or McDonalds...
My rice cooker is not here yet but today out of sheer desperation I decided to try to make chicken rice (rice + chic rice mix) out of a pot and surprisingly its turned out really well (YAY!!!!!!)
In our next sojourn to LeClerc, I'm gonna go buy some sesame oil and soya sauce so I can make fried rice :-)

Yesterday was Fred's off day and again he had the need to get out of Tarbes, so off we went. This time to Lac d'Estaigne. A mere 45 mins drive from Tarbes, we arrive at this beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. In my FB (which I will be posting the photos) you can see that recently there was a small avalanche and the snow ( dirty) was still melting into the lake. So yesterday I finally managed to touch snow!!!!

It was sunny but it was really cold at the lake as the winds coming down from the snowy mountains were chilly. We found a nice sunny spot behind a big bush of holly and had our lunch. Lucas was soon bored with sitting down and started exploring and plucking dandelions instead.
Tomorrow, a crowd will be gathering at the lake for the annual sheep migration festival. Apparently there will be thousands of sheep in that area which will be sent up to the mountains for the next 5 months or so where the grass is greener. I saw tents being set up and quite a few english tourists have already arrived. Unfortunately Fred is working tomorrow so we will not be able to go but next week we will go back to the lake for the Kite festival.

We also stopped by the paragliding landing strip on our way home for Fred to say allo to his friends. He used to work there and I could see how much he's missing it. Lucas was fascinated by the paragliders. He loved watching them hovering right above him and then landing.

Fred also took Lucas cycling yesterday - so yesterday was a big adventure for Lucas. Right now, the days are long, so we only put Luc to sleep around 8 (the sun starts to set at 915pm). Most days he puts up a fuss as the sun is still shining brightly outside. Because the days are so long we get to cram more activities into one day.
Today for instance is a beautiful sunny day. Lucas is having his nap now but after lunch we will take the stroller and go for a walk. Although its sunny its not humid so its comfortable to go walk about - we still need to bundle up as its still 18 degrees outside.

I am craving for Bak Chang (Petaling St sells really yummy ones), Teluk Intan chee cheong fun, char koay teow (from Rocky), BKT (Klang of course!), penang rojak from Lucky Garden, hokkien mee from Lucky Garden and my faithful visits to City Book Rental at Lucky Garden!!!!!
Got no novels to read now so will need to go online and buy some. The best thing about City Book Rental is that they keep books they think I will like and they also recommend books for me. Now I have to search all on my own... I also miss my little Honda City...

No comments:

Post a Comment