Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cry it out baby

I was looking at my blogger profile and saw my age number has automatically turned 40. I still flinch at that number. OMG!!!! I cannot believe I am 40. In case you are thinking - Oh no, this is another one of those psycho babbling blogs from a crazy hormonal 40 year old; don't worry la... I am totally zen today :)
I managed to slip in a 3 hour nap this arvo and missed out on a chatting session with my sister and my aunts who are visiting from Oz.

Lucas woke me up 4 times again last night. This has been going on for more than a week now and last night when Lucas called for me at 1.10 am (he went back to sleep after 10 minutes) I could not get back to sleep til past 3. Even then I had to move to the day bed as I was tossing and turning so much I was afraid I'd wake Fred. Anyway, Lucas' last call out session was at 5.45a.m and this time I was just way too tired and sleep deprived, I decided to let him cry it out. His cry out session lasted 20 minutes (that was the longest 20 minutes I've had to endure with Lucas screaming and me lying there thinking that the child psychologists who tell you to let the kids cry it out must not have heard screams like Lucas', and alternated between wondering if I could find a boarding school here which will accept 2.7 year olds and praying for mercy and deliverance...)
Anyway the cry out session, as I've mentioned lasted only 20 minutes (lemme tell you, he could have gone on for a whole hour...) because Lucas managed to climb out of his bed. I could hear him opening his room door, and calling out for me. He went to our bed but could not see me so he came looking for me at the day bed. He didn't approach me til I told him he could, tho' ( that was a sign that he understands that he cannot climb into bed with us to sleep); standing 10 feet away, calling me repeatedly.

Today after his 3 hour nap, Lucas is back to his happy self - especially when Fred told him to get ready for a bicycle ride. Lucas is on a PB diet - he doesn't want anything else but PB on bread and his Nesquik. I add fruit into his night bottle (that's the only time he takes his bottle now, preferring to drink from a cup)
Now that the weather's gorgeous again, its time to restart Lucas' potty training...

No comments:

Post a Comment