Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

May 8

I have reached another milestone in my life. I am 40. In France, my birthday falls on a national holiday :) The 8th of May is also known as "Victoire", and is to commemorate the end of the 2nd world war in 1945 when the unconditional surrender of the Nazis were formally accepted by the Allies.
I have been literally bombarded with emails, smses and birthday wishes on my Facebook since the 7th (as Malaysia is 6 hours forward). Being away from my family and friends made me feel a little down and homesick, especially when  I got  smses and mails from  my PHP neighbours and good friends who used to celebrate my birthday for me every year. In fact, my upstairs neighbour Chrissy and I would celebrate it together as her birthday falls on the 6th.
As it was a special day for me, Fred took care of Lucas and I got to sleep in til almost 11 that morning :) 
My Mexican friend Liz decided to make me a mexican dinner for my birthday. Her sister in law who is also my french tutor, Cathy made picadillo; Liz made chicken fajitas complete with warm tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, fresh cream AND jalepenos.
My birthday cake was a fresh strawberry cream cake made by Cathy. When the candles were lit, I was confused for a moment when I saw 4 candles... I found myself wondering why 4? why not 3? And then it hit me that I have turned 40!!!! :P
Liz & I


yums!!! picadillo





No comments:

Post a Comment