Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Books, TV and vacation time!

I think I may just be one of Amazon's favourite customer :)
Ever since moving to France, I've ordered 26 books from them so far and will be ordering more! I am really impressed with how easy it is to just click and order the books, and the recommended book list from Amazon is great! The books arrive really quick too. The last batch arrived a scant 4 days after I placed my order! And delivery is FREE!

The past 3 days have been rainy and cold! Lucas & I took a brisk walk yesterday to the pharmacie for some allergy pills for me, but other than that we have been staying home. The weather forecast says Thursday will be better weather, but tonight is the Summer night market :( Its like pasar malam at home but has food, clothes, shoes, household stuff etc. Its huge and streets are closed off for this event.
Looks like I will need to give this one a miss and look forward to the one in August instead.

Lucas is eating pasta these days and refuses his cereal except for breakfast. And his new word is CLOCK. He points to the clock on the wall and says "clock" and takes Fred's watch and calls it a "clock".
He has been getting extremely clingy to the point where I can't do much at all since he insists on being held and carried all the time. My reprieve is when the TV is on, so I have to say that Lucas has been watching a whole lot of TV - too much TV really but what can I do?
But I monitor what TV shows he's watching and I find that he's learning through watching Barney, Bob the Builder, Noddy and Pooh series.

We have an interview at the creche this Thursday and will see when we can enrol Lucas into the class so that he will learn how to socialize and get less dependant on the TV. Lucas is such a spirited child he actually needs a lot of outdoor activity time which I am unable to give him right now since the weather sucks. We play hide and seek at home and I chase him around the apartment to tire him out.
Fred will be on Summer vacation from this Sunday and I am looking forward to taking Lucas to the playground and to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment