Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

hailstorm

I experienced my first hailstorm 2 days ago. Luckily when the storm started Fred had already arrived home with Hugo. The clouds came very fast, and the sky went very dark even though it was only 6pm. There was thunder and then ice pebbles started raining down. Fred quickly went to move the car somewhere shaded, but my MIL wasn't that fast to move hers and her car roof is now dented by the ice. The storm was a fierce one - winds were extremely strong and the ground was soon covered with ice.
Yesterday we went to town to do some grocery shopping and saw the damage done by the storm on cars and also because of the strong winds, the grounds were littered with leaves and debris!
I will post some photos I took soon - don't know how to download from my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment