Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

First doctor visit

I had my first visit to the doctor a few days ago. In France there seems to be a lot of paperwork and stringent rules with regards to medication. My doctor is a young man. Its a father & son clinic and I got the son :) He's cute, reminds me of a teddy bear and he speaks English - yay!

I had a really bad rash from using a new shower gel and the rash had spread all over my chest and tummy area, so I needed to see the doctor so that my rash will clear up in time for when we go to the beach. Somehow, I didn't expect the doctor to ask me to take off my top for him to see the rash (I thought I'd just pull up my shirt a bit...)
Fred thought it was funny that I'd be embarrassed but I was. He said lucky for me I wasn't born with big boobs cos then the doctor would have asked me to take off my bra too!!!!! :P

So while we were at the doctor's my MIL came over to babysit - a first!
I was a bit worried that Lucas would give her a hard time as he hardly sees her and most of the time he sees her very fleetingly. But when we came back 2 hours later, they were happily playing with Lucas' toys. And my MIL said she'd be happy to come babysit again - yay!!!!!

Oh, the creche that we wanted to send Lucas to has a long waiting list :( The director of that creche said that by the time they have a vacancy Lucas would already be in Kindy and we are better off getting on that list for our second baby!
So we are going to look for others, we are already in the waiting list for 2 creche. As Fred will be off from tonight onwards we will go visit a playgroup ( like Kizsports, but run by a few mothers who get together voluntarily)

These days I have been taking Lucas for long walks in the mornings around our place. We walked to the farm nearby to look for horses yesterday and today we walked around the neighbourhood looking (and dreaming) at the beautiful houses with huge gardens :)

Fred says he would like us to buy a piece of land and build our own house - tsk... If we do that I think we will be living in an uncompleted house for years to come! He saw a documentary about this guy who bought a plot of land and built a log cabin with his own bare hands and started dreaming! My husband is really such a dreamer! He can't even manage to put up the DIY furniture a la IKEA - every cabinet is wonky! The doors to the kitchen cabinet, the TV cabinet and the bookshelf do not close properly and he wants to build a house?????!!!!!! LOLs, I think we may end up spending loads of money on the clean up job instead...

2 comments:

  1. You felt shy with a doctor?! That's just weird.. :P I'm a dreamer too.. now I wanna buy a sailboat and travel the world.. but I just need a sailor who knows how to sail and upkeep the boat.. LOLS.. :P Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... Roni's shy?!! Were you blushing because he's good looking?

    ReplyDelete