Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

How much is enough?

I am talking about the amount of food to feed Lucas - I worry about him getting enough nutrition. Yesterday, Lucas had his milk & cereal bottle for breakfast + 1 breakfast cookie. At 1130 I gave him a bowl of baby cereal + mashed fruit. After his nap, he takes a bottle of milk at 2pm. He tasted a little of what I made for lunch - tuna, mozarella, olives and rice salad. For snacktime, Lucas has a piece of krisproll, a cookie and a square of Milka chocolate. After his bath, he has a bowl of cereal mixed with potato and ham for dinner at 6 pm. When we have dinner an hour later, Lucas takes a few strands of pasta with tomato sauce (w/o the meat). A bottle of milk before bed. Sometimes I forego the cereal at 1130 and give him pasta instead if we are having pasta for lunch. But Lucas doesn't really like the minced meat so its basically just pasta and tomato sauce. He is beginning to eat quite a bit of pasta, not just the few mouthfuls like before, if he is hungry. I normally give him a wedge of cheese for protein since the pasta is mainly carbs. And then I add cereal to his next bottle feed.

I have tried to increase the food amount and decrease the food amount but everytime Lucas finishes the food anyway. If I decrease the amount he doesn't ask for more. If I increase, he just eats them anyway.

When Hugo was with us, he said that Lucas is fat - but all babies are supposed to be chubby, right? Lucas is growing really fast and he's tall for his age. There were a few times I had to remind Hugo and Fred that Lucas is not even 2 years old yet!
Anyway what does Hugo know, right? He's a 12 year old who is so skinny you can see his ribs sticking out when he's shirtless. This 12 year old is so scared of putting on weight he's actually watching what he eats. Apparently his mom is the same, she's so skinny she's a size 0. Typical french, so worried about weight. And Fred is also the same, always looking at himself in the mirror and sucking in his non existent tummy. So I guess I am not surprised that Hugo is like that. Its kinda freaky to see his sharp shoulder blade when he's shirtless. He's so skinny everytime I see him, I can't help but ask him if he's been eating.

Talking about diets - the french even have diet water! And diet infusions, and diet drinks, and the pharmacies have windows full of diet products. These people are OBSESSED with being thin. My MIL is considered fat - I really find that hard to believe.

Anyway, Lucas' new word - "there" He likes to point at something he wants, and he will come take my hand and point and say "there".
Today he also said "Baa..." when he was looking at some lamb and sheep on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment