Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter dinner

Here's the recipe I used for the porc roti - the sauce is really yummy and easy to make. You can use the sauce for all kinds of white meat.

Porc (you can also use pork ribs/ chicken/ turkey)

I marinated the meat in thyme, OJ (as I didn't have lemon juice), salt, black pepper and some garlic -leave it overnight in the fridge.

Warm up oven to 350 degrees, pop in meat for approx 90 minutes. I brushed some soya sauce onto the meat before putting it into the oven.

I made the following sauce I found from the internet; with a few variations of my own:

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbs soya sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 sliced green pepper
1/4 sliced finely fresh ginger
1 tbs cornstarch
1 ripe mango

Boil the first 4 ingredients, add cornstarch (mixed with water), add green pepper, ginger and mango (mashed). You can substitute mango with pineapples/ oranges.

Drain fat off meat, spoon sauce over meat. Pop back into oven for another 20 minutes.

Serve with roasted potatoes (olive oil, salt, thyme) and a salad (sucrine, corn, red pepper, olives with vinaigrette)

No comments:

Post a Comment