Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our week so far

Warmer days are finally here and I hope it will stay that way. In the mornings we still need a cardigan/ a jacket but nothing too heavy. Afternoons have been absolutely beautiful, temperatures peak around 23 degrees. Lucas and Fred have restarted their daily cycling schedule. I try to bring Lucas out to the playground daily as well for him to expel some of his neverending energy. These days his sleep routine has changed - Lucas now goes to bed at 9 p.m and he still wakes up at 6 but goes back to sleep after climbing onto our bed.

Last weekend, Fred had the entire weekend off for once, and we went to Lac de Payolle, 45 minutes drive from Tarbes. It was relaxing and restful for us; Fred kept Lucas busy playing soccer while I read my book in a little cafe. There were a lot of leisure fishing going on by the lake and many of the trout were caught for dinner!
We received some bad news about the hair salon venture, but as one door closes another will open up for us so we are still optimistic. Fred has decided that he will continue to be a coiffure but instead of going to Auch on Saturdays, he will be a coiffure domicile and build up his client base in and around Tarbes. We will still wait for the perfect location to come about but for now, we will live in Tarbes and will register Lucas for school here.
It has been pretty stressful for us to wait and see so its better that we know now that we will be in Tarbes for a while more.

I've started my private tuition class which seems to be more of a breakfast session with the gals. I am still unsure if the sessions are beneficial as I still do not understand how to string sentences together in the past tense/ imparfait or future without making a mistake but then its still too early to tell. Cathy, my french tutor is patient enough to correct every mistake. She speaks perfect English, so I tend to start speaking to her in English instead of french :P

On another note, I haven't slept much at all the past week. My rheumatism in my left leg is "killing"!!!! I wake up and reapply yoko yoko and try to sleep but in vain. I am not sure if its being aggravated by my allergy meds but I wake up like clockwork at 1 am. My knee is so painful, I try to "crack" the joint but can't seem to do it, so I spend the next hour or so tossing and turning. Methinks its because I didn't wear socks after giving birth to Lucas, so this could be "foong sap"... If by God's grace I have another baby I will make sure I do the full 30 day confinement with socks et al!!!! Anyone of you has a good home remedy for rheumatism please let me know!

In the past week, we have noticed that Lucas has changed a lot now that he is 2.5 years old. He is no longer playing individually in creche, he seeks out other toddlers to play with. He recognizes places when we drive - his mamy's house or his papa's office. He starts shouting when we get home as he doesn't like being home. He can pick a DVD he wants to watch and put that DVD into the player himself. Today he took out "Cars" from the DVD player and inserted "Horton hears a Who". He can take off his pants and socks without any help. He takes the shower head and showers himself and rinses shampoo from his head all by himself. He is not so clingy anymore, and there have been times when I don't hear a peep from him and I go look for him and find my darling boy in his room reading.
This week the creche was closed so I brought Lucas to my french class with me. He was so well behaved on day 1, played all by himself for an hour and a half. Today he played with Cathy's son Pierre. I also noticed that Lucas has become more sensitive now. He takes rejection a bit hard and gets really upset. He is talking non stop and his diet has improved - Lucas started eating french toast and also peanut butter. He knows when its time to sleep and he is trying to brush his teeth himself.

2 comments:

  1. old folks remedy is try rub some ginger juice at the affected part but no idea if it works... another way which is quite good is drink a small amount of brandy or some yomeishu wine. anyway signs of getting old is always a trophy to share... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try ginger juice and see if it works!

    ReplyDelete