Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lucas and his first swear word

Lucas has said his first swear word. He goes "Oh no! SHIT!!!!"
The first time I heard it I thought I'd heard wrongly. So I asked him to repeat it and he did, very clearly say "shit". Obviously the bad word he's picking up is from me as Fred only swears in french :P

I'm trying to teach Lucas that he should not say "shit" as its a bad word but I caught myself saying "shit" twice today while driving. I'm sure Lucas will get confused as to why a rule applies to him and not to his mama. Lucas is like a sponge nowadays: He soaks up what he sees and hears and is eager to share and use what he's learned, good and bad.

Yesterday when I wanted to change his dirty diaper, he was struggling and said in an annoyed tone - "no, mama. What u doing?"


His other favourite phrases are "gosh" (he says this with big eyes, and hands on each cheek a la Home Alone); "oh no!" ; "what you doing?", "what happened?", "see you"  and of course "shit".

No comments:

Post a Comment