Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Lucas' urine test came back normal

My last post was a week ago. A lot has happened in that week. After rushing Lucas into the hospital with high fever where they did a urine test on him, we got the results back which told us that Lucas had a high level of sugar in his blood. We had to go back to the hospital to get his Xray and then bring Lucas to the family doctor with the urine results. The doctor was concerned but told me that maybe its because of Lucas' stress level that his blood sugar shot up, as he was prodded on and checked for his ears, throat, eyes, Xray, heartbeat, blood pressure - all by a total stranger in a new unfamiliar place. Furthermore he was already unwell and throwing up, he would have felt terrified at what was happening to him. He then did a quick blood test just to check Lucas' sugar level and it was normal. However, he ordered another round of urine test to make sure and that test came back as normal - Praise God! The 2nd urine test showed that Lucas has a urine infection, therefore the doctor put him back on antibiotics for the next 10 days...
2 of the most stressful things I have to do (now that I am no longer working) is taking Lucas to the doctor - he doesn't like the waiting and gets restless, then he starts acting up cos he wants to leave after seeing the doctor but mama is still talking to the doctor, so Lucas will go and play with the blinds and the doctor doesn't like that and tells mama that the blinds are fragile and please take Lucas away, but mama isn't strong enough to hold Lucas down while he's struggling and talk to the doctor at the same time....; and the 2nd thing is feeding Lucas medication. I mentioned it to the doctor this morning and he says that other mothers have managed so he doesn't see why I cannot. He says I need to exert authority but I am already holding him down to give him his meds, what more can I do? Lucas will not listen as he really doesn't want to take any kind of meds.
The doctor also told me that babies cannot say no to the foods we feed them - I was telling the doctor that Lucas is such a fussy eater and picks on his food. He says again I have to make him eat whatever I want to feed him. He doesn't tell me how to make him tho'. If my french was better I'd have told him to take Lucas for a day and then see if he can manage to get Lucas to eat whatever adult food he makes! He says Lucas can feel when I am anxious for him to eat and will take advantage of that. Sigh. I thought about that and have to concede that maybe that could be true. I need to put the same amount of enthusiasm into introducing other foods to Lucas like I did with pasta and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment