Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

home remedy for canker sores

As I was saying, both Lucas and I had a cough. I was looking for home remedies and stumbled on one that suggested I took honey with ginger tea. To make ginger tea, I had to slice fresh ginger and pour hot boiling water over it, cover and wait for a while. Which was what I did... I added a few spoons of the "tea" to Lucas' water (he drinks honey with his milk) and he didn't notice the ginger and drank it all down. For me I was more ambitious - I downed a couple of glasses of the "tea" with honey.
I woke up the next day, so heaty that my lips were cracking and I had 2 canker sores in my mouth - one on the inside of my upper lip and another on the side of my tongue. I haven't had the mouth ulcers in years and now I have to suffer with 2!!!! Its been 3 days now and hurts like hell. Again I decided to look for home remedy - I know.... I never learn.... I wanted to look for something painless besides the old rubbing salt into the ulcer remedy.

I drank coke with salt - it used to work wonders if I was feeling heaty but it didn't work this time. I tried to gargle with salt water. Still painful. I tried to put salt onto the ulcer. Hurt so freaking much, ulcer is still here. I read that hydrogen peroxide is good but I couldn't find any at the pharmacy or maybe they just don't understand my French. But I did come back with liquid oxygen which I tried on the ulcer. Doesn't taste bad, doesn't sting and the best part is the pain went away! I was able to sleep throughout the night . The sores are still here but I dab liquid oxygen on them when the pain starts and am pain free for a few hours at least.

On another note, I met one of the SDF people I helped a few weeks ago outside the post office - he greeted me and wished me "bonne annee". I'm glad to see him alive and well, wanted to ask him if he was warm enough but didn't want to embarass myself with my limited french. Anyway, it was nice to know that he remembers.

New Year resolution - drink more water to avoid heatiness.... wish I had some Hor Yan Ho tea...!

No comments:

Post a Comment