Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

18 days

Wow, where did all my days go? It feels like I've only been here a week. But actually its our 18th day here in France. Everything seems blurry to me. I guess its cos I'm no longer working, and my time is now my own. No rushing anywhere.
Yesterday my MIL asked me what I've been doing with my time - she was worried I'd be bored as Fred's been working all week. You know what - I don't have time to be bored! Being a full time mom is exactly that - especially if you have a boisterous and extremely curious 18 month old. Luckily for me, Lucas loves routine, so I have time for myself when he's sleeping or when he's eating his baguette watching Barney.
Oh, Lucas now refuses to eat unless Barney's on TV. Sigh... but at least he's eating well. A few days ago, he ate pasta - yay! He's also eating cornflakes, krispbread, cheese and brioche. I was really worried that he'd never start eating solids but looks like he's slowly eating and chewing his food.

Yesterday morning when Lucas woke up and I took him out of his cot, I went back to lie on the bed and Luc wanted to go out, so he took my cardigan from the edge of our bed and handed it to me! He then went to wait by the door.
Lucas likes being outside a lot - no matter how cold the weather is. Yesterday we went to Roger's for Sunday lunch and Lucas was outside all the time, chasing after a tennis ball and exploring Roger's garden! We found out that the big tree near his entrance is a cherry tree (yum!). And the cherries will be ripe next month!

My sister says that I should be blogging everyday - sigh... honestly where will I find the time? I am now a FT housewife with a baby to take care of, an apartment to clean, loads of laundry and dinner to cook... This "job" is harder than my job at the bank, really. So here's to all the FT mothers and housewives out there! Esp those without a maid!!!!
I'm still getting used to not having a maid - now that I am without one, my previous maid, no matter how bad she was, was still an extra pair of hands around the house. One thing that I really miss is sleeping in, as one of us has to wake up with my morning baby. Lucas is like an alarm clock. Always on time no matter how late he sleeps! At least since we arrived in France, he's waking up at 730 am instead of 6 am when he was in KL.
I let Fred sleep in on his off days - after all he's the one bringing home the bacon... but my sweetie pie brings Lucas out in the afternoons and lets me have time to nap :-)

Baby's calling, so more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment