Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

first days

Today is Lucas and my 4th day in Tarbes. We have spent the past couple of days getting over jetlag and Lucas has not been eating as silly mama forgot to pack his cereal. Thank God the 25 kg box from DHL arrived yesterday! So this morning Luc started eating again! He was surviving on cornflakes, cheese and bread and his milk for the past 2 days so it was a huge relief for me to see him eating full meals.
We took Lucas out to a nearby farm to see horses, and it was such a joy to see him running and smelling the flowers. Lucas was so fascinated with the dandelions and kept asking his papa to blow on the seeds. He was fearless when he approached the horses and one of the huge horses grazing nearby seemed to be taken by Lucas as she wandered as near to him as she could (they were separated by a fence). When I looked at Lucas laughing out loud and running everywhere, I felt peace at my decision to become a full time mom and bring Lucas here. No doubt the sacrifice is a huge one, but to see that smile on my little BooBoo makes it all worth it.

Yesterday Fred went back to work, so Lucas and I spent the whole day at home, watching Barney on TV, playing games, reading books... and because I know how much Lucas loves being outside, I bundled him up (it was freezing yesterday...) and brought him outside to play in the garden. Everything was great.... til we found out that we were locked out! In the cold! I had my apartment key but didn't have the key to the main building (the few times when we went out the main door was not locked...) OMG! Panic!!!! We had to wait by the door for someone to open and Lucas refused to be carried and wanted to run around, but we couldn't go anywhere in case we missed out on anyone opening the main door. It was the worst 15 mins ever, carrying a struggling Lucas who kept putting his grimy hands (hands which were playing with the earth and dead leaves by the road) on my face (well, better on my face than in his mouth I guess).

Today Lucas has finally gotten back into his routine, getting up at 730am, drinks his 8 oz milk, then breakfast (cereal - yay!) at 9am while watching Barney. Playtime til papa gets back for lunch. Helped mama to clean the floor. Naptime at 2pm. More playtime til papa finishes work, then we will bring Lucas to the park to feed the ducks.

Oh, I forgot - we went grocery shopping yesterday and I found a small bottle of sambal!!!! Can't wait for my rice cooker to arrive so I can make chicken rice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment