Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

KL to Paris and beyond

So, I've finally taken numerous advice and started a blog on my move to France. For those of you who haven't heard, our flight from KUL to Paris on MH was pretty comfortable; thanks to Lucas of course who protested LOUDLY at the single cramped window seat mama was going to have to endure for the whole 13 hour journey. Luc made such a big fuss that the nice stewardess moved us to an empty 3 row seat! After the move, Luc settled down for a long nap, leaving mama to snooze for 6 hours. I was glad to have encountered the crew who manned MH20 on 30th April 2009. Inspite of my misgivings due to bad experience with MH crew members in our previous trips abroad, this group turned out to be really, really nice with excellent service! So it was a rather nice surprise when they found out that my stroller was not at the exit at CDG airport (due to "security reasons", we can only get our strollers at the baggage claim) AND that snotty french woman who met the plane frostily told them (and poor me, standing there with Luc and 4 hand carry bags) that they will not help, that one of the crew staunchly said he will help me. However, someone else who was helping a wheelchair bound lady also came to my rescue and whisked Lucas and I through immigration (otherwise, with the long queue, it would have taken me an hour at least to clear immigration, with a squirming baby and 4 bags...). Not only did he help us clear immigration, he even helped me find the stroller AND helped with getting my 30 kg bag. Thank you KEVIN NOIR! You were truly godsent!

Fred met us at CDG and just in time too cos I couldn't possibly manouver the trolley full of luggage with Lucas sitting on top into the ladies toilet and my bladder was close to busting!
We all fell asleep in the bus to Orly. I admit I was selfish when I chose to sit by myself and left Lucas with Fred in the seats behind me :-) I woke up just when we arrived at Orly to find Lucas still sleeping on his dad. We disembarked and though it felt like I've been up all day (which I had, technically, not counting the 6 hours sleep and the nap in the bus) it was only 1130am. We had to wait for our next flight to Toulouse at 4pm. Good thing I insisted to check in the back carry for Lucas cos that was the only way he'd be quiet til we boarded our next flight.
The flight to Toulose was the longest 55 minutes for both Fred & I and without a doubt for Lucas as well. Our poor little boy got sick during that turbulent flight and threw up all over papa. It didn't help that it was a full flight and we were seated at the back. Anyway, we managed to clean Lucas up and change him into his nice clean clothes. But he threw up again once more and this time some splashed on me as well. We changed him again but there was no mistaking the rank odour of vomit eminating from Fred & I...
At Toulouse airport we collected our luggage and drove back to Tarbes. Lucas refused to eat anything and fell into a deep sleep.
Fred's mom invited us over for dinner but we couldn't even keep our eyes open...

No comments:

Post a Comment