Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Discipline and Lucas

I am truly at my wits' end with my darling little boy - he seems to test my limit and my patience again and again. He definitely understands the word "NO" but chooses not to obey. He uses the word No on me when I ask him if he's ready for his nap.
My little one has got itchy fingers. Fingers who can't help but touch the TV screen, TV on and off button, the DVD player (he keeps opening and closing it), the CD player and papa's laptop! No matter how many times I tell him no and I try to substitute with a toy he will still defy me and touch. Oh, but he is a sneaky one - he may take some "time off" to try to distract me and then go back to whatever it was that he was trying to touch. Once he even came to me grinning and then showering me with kisses just so he could then go back to touching the CD player!

Just a couple of days ago, Lucas was climbing up onto the dining table (another bad habit) to touch the laptop and I stopped him and was trying to reason with him as he'd fallen off the chair 3 times so far in his attempt to climb up the table. Instead of listening to me, he started to "answer me back" in baby talk. Every sentence I said had a comeback from Lucas. When I put on my angry face, he laughed.

Fred & I agreed earlier on that we will not resort to caning him and we still will not but Fred has to be the disciplinarian in the family as Lucas doesn't take me seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment