Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

food, park and poodle

Last Sunday was Fred's off day so we went out for a celebratory post birthday lunch (mine!) and mother's day. We started off at the Sunday markets - for once I didn't buy anything!!!! We strolled through the markets and ended up at the terrace of a bistro I've always wanted to try. Lucas was being such an angel and was taking his nap all through lunch!
We shared a nicoise salad, I had the beef and Fred ordered the duck. As we'd never eaten there before we didn't expect such HUGE portions! The salad alone is a main meal! I asked for my steak to be medium but had to send it back as medium here means medium rare. Next time I order a steak I will ask for well done as my "well done" steak came back medium well. Unfortunately we didn't have our camera :-( The food was delicious. We will definitely go back there again.

On our way to the park I counted 3 chinese/ oriental restaurants... we will try one next week though Fred thinks I will be disappointed with the food.

We went to the park so that Lucas can feed the ducks - instead he got too friendly with a goose who started chasing him and Fred (Fred swooped in to rescue Luc).
Lucas also spent some time at the playground playing on the slide and trying to make friends with the older kids who more or less ignored him. But Lucas was not deterred and seemed happy playing by himself on the base of the slide, smiling at the older kids when they ask him to move aside when they come sliding past.

There are kids here at the apartment block who play downstairs every evening, but they are also older kids. Fred took Lucas downstairs the other day and our neighbor's poodle fell in love with Lucas. Of course Lucas must have thought this poodle would let him chase her like how Goofy lets him chase, but this poodle jumped on Lucas instead and licked his face!

I am starting to get used to not working, and falling into a schedule with Lucas. He is such a stickler for routine, which is great for me. I have time to clean the apartment ( having a toddler means the place is always messy!) have my coffee, write my blog, read my Twilight series...

Fred comes home for lunch everyday - apparently this is the practice at his workplace. As they all live close by and Tarbes is such a small place, its more economical and convenient to eat at home. Those that do not go home for lunch bring lunch boxes or have set lunch at cafes for about 12 euros.

I still haven't ventured out on my own yet. For now I am happy to stay home, Lucas keeps me busy. But Fred wants me to start driving out to town soon... I am pretty scared at that thought - driving a manual car on the other side of the road. And such narrow roads! I guess I will try driving soon, with Fred beside me for the first couple of weeks at least.

Feel like having McDonalds' Royal Bacon Cheeseburger but Fred will not be happy with such "unhealthy" foods... BTW McD's is just behind our apartment.... should I have one for tea, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment