Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Car wash and cleaning

My new classmates have "thawed" their cool attitude with me, 2 of them were even kind enough to help me watch my car when I was backing out of the carpark as my back was partly blocked by a mobile library.
Yesterday's class focused on speaking french and while I was not the worst, definitely 90% of my classmates are more advanced than I am! When I am unsure about a word or a phrase, the English ladies help me with the English translation :)

This morning Lucas is at an additional creche session. The Headmistress told me that she had an opening this morning if Lucas wanted to join, so I dropped him off at 9 am. The apartment is so still without him running around! I have finished the laundry and cleaning the apartment and I still have 2 hours before I need to pick Lucas. I think I have gone through such little time on my own and have gotten used to being busy with Lucas, I am at a loss here as I don't know what to do with myself!!!! Its also freaking cold today - 8 degrees, or else I'd go wash the car.

Oh, in France, you wash your car yourself :( I was totally spoilt in KL where I paid RM35 to the gardener to wash my car twice a week and once a month I sent my car to Mid Valley to get it waxed for RM30 (Its cheap as I had the membership for Cars Intl).
Here, I need to bring coins to operate the water hose and vacuum and its all DIY.

Fred stayed up til 2 am last night cleaning :) We were watching a weekly TV program where these 2 ladies would go to people's houses and teach these people how to clean. The program was really shocking as I could not believe how these people could live in such squallor!
One woman would eat in bed and throw her food wrappers and yoghurt cups by her bed and would leave it there. Her apartment was disgusting. Her bathroom and toilet were filthy, WORST than any public toilets you find in Malaysia! Her kitchen was full of unwashed dishes and pots and pans with fungus and her microwave had to be thrown out! Clothes strewn all over the apartment and her bedsheets were horrible and had yucky stains, looked like she hasn't washed or changed those sheets for years. The host of the show actually asked her how she can stand the stench in the apartment and she said she doesn't smell anything!!!! It was so gross. I didn't stay up for the 2nd house as it was already 11, so Fred continued watching alone and was so grossed out by the 2nd house (there were dead mice and dog poop everywhere in the house) he started cleaning, wiping down surfaces to get rid of bacteria.
Anyway we learnt that using lemons to clean surfaces, including the floor is the best. The host also advocated mixing lemon with white vinegar. For bad odours, she grated oranges, mixed the grate with orange juice and cinnammon in a bowl. She also cut a lemon into 2 and left the lemon wedge in the fridge to get rid of the bad smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment