Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lucas hates rinsing his hair...

Recently Lucas developed a fear of the shower. I realized it when, a few weeks ago, I switched on the shower to rinse his hair after a shampoo and he started shaking and screaming with fear. Until then, Lucas would usually just stand at the edge of the shower and we have had to rinse him with his head out of the bath tub and the whole bathroom would usually be flooded after his bath.

After "investigating" I found that Fred has been forcing Lucas back into the tub and rinsing him with the shower, not by doing it gradually but with the shower switched on full force. He wanted to do it fast as to not prolong the rinsing but the plan backfired.

The past week, because Lucas was so scared I rinsed his hair by wetting a wash cloth and slowly trickling water through his hair. But then Lucas started to have "dandruff" and he was scratching his hair. We found out that because the shampoo has not been properly rinsed out, Lucas' scalp has developed flakes, so I had to find another way to rinse his hair.

This morning, I decided to have Lucas take a shower with me, with me blocking the force of the shower spray. I also pre-empted Lucas by counting 1,2,3 before I poured water on his hair with his favourite bath cup. I showed him how mama washed her hair, and stood under the shower and blew out the water at him. It worked like a charm - by the end of the shower, Lucas ventured close enough to the shower for the water to rinse his hair clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment