Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

My 250 hour mandatory french lessons

Today my MIL came over to babysit Lucas while I went to the Porte Ouvertes Association for my french lessons initiation. The meeting was only 30 minutes and I found out that the 250 hours given to me for french lessons is actually mandatory attendance. If I am absent for 3 times, they will notify the ANAEM and that will affect my PR here in France! Furthermore, I was given a rigid timetable, with no chance of change. So Fred & I are now running around looking for someone to take care of Lucas while I attend class 12 hours a week - Monday & Tuesday mornings 9 - 12 and Thursdays 9-12, 2-5. Currently Lucas has creche Tuesday mornings and then Thurday afternoons so that leaves us with 2 slots to fill.
My MIL is reluctant to commit a fixed time for babysitting and furthermore will be away for 3 weeks so we now have to check with the creche to extend Lucas' hours. I was bringing Lucas to the creche last Friday for his 1 hour initiation and overheard the manager of that creche turn away a mother and her baby as the creche is already full, so I reckon our chances are not very good.
Sigh. Times like these I wish Fred had a bigger family or a more supportive one. My parents would drop everything in a second if that meant they get more time with Lucas. Unfortunately they are too far away to help :(

No comments:

Post a Comment