Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Last day of summer

So, Autumn is finally here. Today will be the last day of summer. But for Lucas & I, Autumn started 2 days ago. Its been freezing here in Tarbes, waking up at 8 degrees in the morning, and the highest temperature after noon is 13 degrees. Last weekend, we went to Decathlon for some shopping - we bought polaire wool pullovers for Lucas & I (very cheap, as I am able to wear clothes made for a 12 year old, we paid 10 euro for each pullover. Lucas' pullover was 12 euro). We also got Lucas a winter parka in orange. He couldn't fit into a 2 year old parka, so we bought him a 3 year old one which is a bit roomy but should be just nice after he has his sweater underneath. We also got Lucas a pair of ski boots for 12 euro and a pair of sneakers for 10 euro.
Next week, we will go shopping for Lucas' long sleeve Tshirts, winter socks and PJs. We will also be looking for a small radiator for Lucas.
I wanted to get a doona (filled with down) but Fred is allergic, so I guess we have to settle for a hot water bottle or an electric blanket.

Last night was so cold for Lucas & I, we started heating up the apartment. Even then, Lucas woke up feeling cold and snuggled into our bed.

Today when I went to pick up Lucas at creche, I noticed that he had a long scratch under his left eye. Unfortunately the caregiver didn't give me any explanations and instead Fred had to call her to ask what happened. Apparently one of Lucas' new friends threw a toy at him, barely missing his eye. The caregiver assured Fred that Lucas is fine and that she had already applied some anti septic on the wound. But I can't help but feel that maybe they were not very diligent in their work. I noticed the last time I went to pick Lucas, he was playing on his own outside in the garden. One of the caregivers was sitting in the porch on a blanket with a baby on her lap. Lucas and 5 others were left to play outside on their own. While this may help foster independant play in the toddlers I wonder if I should be looking for another creche, as I know that I will worry everytime I drop Lucas off. Or will the other creche be the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment