Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lucas at 28 months

Lucas is now 28 months old!!!! In the past 2 weeks he has surprised us once again, many times over.
After we started disciplining him and cutting out TV time, Lucas has been an angel, both at home with me and also at creche. On Thursday when I picked Lucas up from creche, Emmanuelle looked shellshocked because Lucas sat down and had his goutez for the very first time!
Lucas also navigated his way up and down the stairs by holding onto the rails when we went out.
When we are about to go out, he brings me his coat and his shoes.
When my mobile phone rang and I was in the shower, Lucas brought the phone to me. If it was the home phone, he sometimes answers the phone by saying "hewwo".
Lucas knows how to change the CDs in his CD player and knows which button to press "play".


2 weeks ago, Fred & I decided that Lucas' TV time should be severely limited. I argued that it was through Barney and Sesame Street that Lucas can now count 1 to 10 and can sing and dance to several nursery rhymes and also he learnt his ABC with Barney. But because he was exposed to so much TV at home, he was getting irritated at creche where there was no TV at all to occupy his time.
So since I was the one exposing him to so much TV, it was up to me to stop it. And I did, by the grace of God. It was damn hard. I didn't do it slowly. It was all done cold turkey. Lucas kept asking for TV but I stood firm and said no. It took many temper tantrums until he realised that I was not going to budge.
Its been 2 weeks. Lucas stopped asking for TV days ago. Now he asks for a story instead of the TV. And he is starting to play by himself in his room more.

Yesterday Lucas brought over his "Feelings" book (its a baby sign language book) and surprised me by reading it to me and signing each word. The book teaches babies how to express "happy", "sad", "hungry", "excited" and "sleepy". Lucas managed to say and sign all 5 words, yes, even "excited"!!!!
He has been imitating everything I say and especially Fred and now has started calling me "bebe" (like his papa) instead of "mama".
He knows how to ask for water when he wants a drink or milk, he says "down please" if he wants to get down from his highchair. He tells us when he wants to pee (he says "pee") but refuses to use the potty without his diapers.





His eating habits have improved. He had porcini risotto this arvo for lunch. It was by chance that I found some tea time goodies from Carrefour (the hypermarket decided to change several of their packaging to Mickey and friends) and I bought the brioche and pancakes for Lucas' goutez. He latched onto the packaging and happily ate whatever had Mickey in it....
I am still trying to feed Lucas his veges tho. He is stubborn about his veges, he used to love green peas as a baby but now refuses to eat them. Same with tomatoes, brocolli, spinach, long beans, corn... He eats potatoes and a little bit of carrot. I have tried to place the veges artistically on his plate, tried mixing them up with other food but nothing works...
And now, since yesterday Lucas has refused his milk. He's asking for chocolate milk for breaky instead and he didn't want his nightly bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment