Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Off day for mama!

Fred gave a day off today. He took care of Lucas while I went to school, and in the afternoon, I went out for coffee with my friends. When I got home at 430p.m, the apartment was empty. Fred took Lucas out to walk in the countryside. When Fred came home at 6p.m he was totally exhausted. At least he now understands why I am so tired everyday since I not only take care of Lucas, but I clean the apartment (numerous times a day), I do the laundry and I cook.

After my day off, I am fully recharged. Lucas was being his hyperactive self and starting to be naughty but I took it all in stride. Guess I just needed some time on my own...

1 comment:

  1. The workload of a stay at home mom never ends. I always say that being a 'femme au foyer' (what we are now) is by far the most difficult job I've ever done in my life, WAY harder than my work before! It's labourous, unglamourous and it's 24/7. Worst still, it's unpaid :(. There's never the excitement of getting your pay cheque to spend on at the end of the month. Although the rewards is in the form of love and happiness, it doesn't take away the daily stress and fatigue. Unfortunately, our 'work' is never really 'seen', especially by our partners! It's great that you are able to find some 'me time' for yourself. SO important for our sanity! A little trick to get my hubby realising a bit my household chores - once in a blue moon, I just LEAVE everything AS it is - mess in the kitchen, piling laundry, crumbs on the floor, tea/coffee stains on the kitchen table (left by my darling hubby, of course!).. just for a couple of hours ;). He cringes but doesn't say a word! Then I say, "You see what happens when the robot stops working?! Tu vois?!". With a smile of course, but then straight back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete