Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roni - The Dowdy, Shabby SAHM

Of late I've come to realize that since I became a SAHM, I've put myself into a rut when it comes to my personal appearance.


My hair has not seen a hairbrush in the last 6 months or so since Lucas hid my hairbrush; straight after I take a shower I quickly blowdry my hair and put it in a ponytail. I don't wash my face properly anymore - I am using soap on my face now and I don't tone or moisturise before bed. And don't get me started on my nails. My monthly facials and weekly manicure and pedicure sessions in KL have become a thing of the past. Now, I hardly wear makeup, my toenails are really ugly to look at and the last time I tried to wax my upper lip, I got a nasty rash after.

There are days when I do not have classes and do not need to go anywhere that I lounge in my PJs all day. Even after my shower, I put back my PJs.

Last night Fred came back from Auch with a bottle of yummy smelling dry oil for my hair and that made me realize that I was kinda letting myself go a bit. Normally I'd be the one getting all these beauty products and making sure that I clean my face properly with soap free products and use the toner and moisturiser afterwards, together with eye cream. And masque and exfoliate at least once a week. I used to have so much beauty products in my cabinet that there'd be no space for anything else.
So, I decided to make an effort and put my false eyelashes and all my other beauty products to good use. I gave myself a pedicure, cleaned and scraped away all the dead skin and calluses with my PedEgg, I washed  and exfoliated my face and put on a masque for deep cleansing and then another masque for moisturising, I took a shower, exfoliated, conditioned my hair twice and slathered on self tanning lotion. So far so good, but then to keep up with this maybe a problem - not because I'm too tired or haven't got the time to do it; I'm just plain lazy and not too bothered!

But I did say that I will make an effort, so this is what I will do for myself from now on:
1) I will not use soap to wash my face
2) I will tone and moisturise my face everyday even when I am staying home
3) I will comb my hair
4) I will masque my face once a week
5) I will not lounge in my PJs all freaking day
6) I will make full use of the tubs of body moisturiser I have in the bathroom cabinets
7) I will use hand cream and take care of my nails
8) I will wash my face every day, twice a day (washing in the shower doesn't count!)
9) I will not forget to use eye cream
10)I will exfoliate my skin twice a week

From now on I strive to be a stylish, chic SAHM :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing some back-reading of your posts! I enjoy reading them by the way because I can relate so much with your stories :). Now to this post.. oh my dear Roni, how I understand you totally. I'm in the exact same situation. I feel the exact same way. I've done the pyjama thing so often that it seems pyjamas is my new wardrobe. Makeup. What make up? What IS make up? Gone were the days when I used to pretty up myself every morning and routinely do the cleansing in the night. Gone were the days that I would spend moments to figure out what top to wear with what bottom and what heels to pair with what handbag. Sigh. Did I say HEELS? What's THAT? I can't even balance in them anymore! Let's talk about hair now. Do you know when was the last time that I visited a hairdresser? Forget the colouring and the highlights, my hair looks so limp and lifeless now that every morning I just bun it up with clips. My poor husband keeps on asking for my 'old' hairstyle. Long, shiny, bouncy, wavy. Remember that a woman's hair is her pride and glory? C'est fini tout ça. Whoa whoa whoa.. SLISH SLAP! Wake up girls!! It's war! We shall declare war against our laziness and procastination! It's time to be our real selves again! It doesn't take long to be prim an proper. So, like NIKE said, Just Do It! Go trim that hair. Go swipe that red lipstick and go squirt that perfume!

    SAHM like us tend to 'lose' ourselves to obscurity. This ain't good. Ain't good at all. There's no oe to blame BUT ourselves. So, let's kick our own asses an get beautiful again.

    Bravo for your efforts!

    ReplyDelete