Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Asian food in Paris

As I need to renew my Malaysian passport at the Malaysian Embassy in Paris, we decided that we will make this trip a mini holiday for Fred, Lucas & I. Fred managed to take 3 days off without any fuss, so we will be taking a road trip starting from the 24th March - a 650kms road trip from Tarbes to Paris!
We decided to drive as we can do it during Lucas' nap time, and will stop when we want and it is also our cheapest alternative as taking a flight requires us to take a 2 hour drive to Toulouse anyway. Also having a car in Paris will allow us to visit our friends in L'Isle Adam, a suburb 30 minutes out of Paris.

I have been checking the internet for eating places - unlike the last time Fred & I spent a week in Paris and we ate wherever caught our fancy (mostly small little roadside bistros) this time, I would like to have some Asian food - Japanese sashimi, Thai tom yum, Malaysian char koay teow and roti canai and perhaps a Vietnamese pho.
I found some websites but most of the websites advertise fine dining Asian food that are ridiculously expensive! Peking Duck in a chinese restaurant whose menu starts from 50 euro per person! Wow, I didn't realize that chinese food could get so expensive (and we are not even talking abalone and sharks fins!!!!)

I finally stumbled on a recommended Malaysian restaurant called Chez Foong Curry & Satay House. Apparently a lot of Malaysians go there for some authentic Malaysian food and prices start from 9 euro. I will definitely be going there for some food and will write a review of that restaurant when I get back!

If you know of any other cheap asian eateries in Paris, please do let me know!!!! After nearly a year of going without nasi lemak and roti canai and char koay teow, you can be sure I will make full use of my time in Paris looking to satisfy my asian food cravings!

6 comments:

  1. Amir Muhammad told me about a Malaysian-African restaurant in Paris. Will get details from him..

    SM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, sorry to say I had try the food chez Chef Foong, and it was utterly dissapointed.
    The food not even close to authentic, and the taste might be alter to the local taste.I suggest go for good chinese food at 13eme, there a good resto name Olympiad and oh la la, i love their pekin duck, tai chow and steam fresh turbo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eastern
    Thanks for the heads up on Chez Foong! And on Olympiad. I will make sure I go to Chinatown on the 13eme. A friend told me that there are over a hundred eating places on the 13eme!
    And I will also be trying Belleview for Tang Gourmet - the dumplings look really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.... wonder why you did not pay attention during home science class back in SMJK Convent Teluk Intan then... :P. otherwise you can cook up all these delicious food when you are craving some... need us to send you asian food recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. MH - no lar.... can find recipes online and mom sends me some. Its the ingredients that are hard to find here in Tarbes. I am in a vey small town la, there isn't any dark soya sauce even!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was your passport renewed?? I renewed mine in 1980 n I am still waiting!!!!

    ReplyDelete