Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GDF



Hmmm, I don't blog for 5 days and suddenly my readers get 3 new blogs :) Typical wu earth personality according to BaZi priciples...
But as you can see I only blog when I have something to rant about. And I want to rant about Gaz de France (GDF). You see, we just got a notice telling us that we have overpassed our electricity bill by 900 euros.
I just don't get it, how the system works here. My husband has no idea as well seeing that he's been living in Malaysia for the past 11 years. So when he first signed on for the apartment and applied to GDF for gas and electricity, he was asked to put a limit on the bill, so that this amount is automatically deducted from his bank account as the electricity and gas bill every month. Fred had no idea so the person from GDF suggested that he put the limit at 50 euros a month since the last person living here was paying that amount.
I know - 50 euros for gas and electricity? I thought it was quite a bargain!!!!! Little did I know that when you overpass the limit, GDF does not prompt you at all, instead they let the credits pile up and then send you a big whopping bill! There was no warning and no one called to let us know that the 50 euros paid to GDF every month was not at all sufficient. In fact we should have set the limit at 138 euros a month for the amount of gas and electricity that we have been consuming all this time!
I was really shocked to get the bill. I asked Fred to call GDF to confirm and yes, its true. We now have to pay another 900 euros to GDF for the electricity we've used up this past winter...

2 comments:

  1. Are there any other gas suppliers in the area where you are staying? Maybe you can get better rates. My wife has an aunt in Germany and she is currently in Malaysia for a visit and gas is one of the first things she rants about when she was here. In Germany apparently the public do demonstrations because of high gas rates... which is more than I can say for Malaysia where there is a monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ming Hock - there are others but rates are more or less the same la... I saw a segment on the national news about families in France who had to cut back on food (!!!!) to pay for the gas & electricity cos this winter was so cold!

    ReplyDelete