Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pos Malaysia - you suck!

I have a bone to pick with how Pos Malaysia runs their business. All our mail goes to a sorting area before being sent to the various "pigeonhole" according to post codes; I picture the sorting area like a huge factory warehouse. One would think that Pos Malaysia would at least have CCTV to check on their staff who work there or some supervisor to check for thieves among the staff.
I am sure that my email to the customer service department about my missing parcel is not the first nor will it be the last but does it spur Pos Malaysia to at least do something or try to do something to curb the theft of our parcels and letters?
Imagine that - not only are the politicians, policemen and legal system corrupted in Malaysia, the postal workers are too!  Is there is no integrity left? Are the postal workers so poorly paid that they have to resort to theft?
Its humiliating for me to go to La Poste here in Tarbes and when the staff asks for the value of my package and I tell them it is of little value but I need to register this mail because there are a lot of thieves in the Malaysian Post! (Il y a beaucoup de vol en Malaisie) and I get a snigger or a shocked look from them. I tell them that yes, the postal worker in Malaysia opens even greeting cards to check if there is money sent in the card. Every package that is not sealed properly will be opened and things will "disappear".

Pos Malaysia should really buck up and do something about it but then its typically "government worker" style (even though they are semi privatised) to just send a non-commital reply and sit back on their big asses waiting for the next tea break....

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your e-mail which we received as below.
We appreciate your concern and feedback on this issue. However, if it was an ordinary letter without a tracking number, we regret to inform that we could not trace the said letter.


On behalf of Pos Malaysia Berhad, we apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.
We look forward to serve you better.


Yours sincerely,
On behalf of Pos Malaysia Berhad
Wan Ezzety Kamarudin
Customer Service Centre

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha.... why even bother to send them a complaint and increase your carbon footprint? The mentality here is go in the right ear and out the left.....and it is not just Pos Malaysia...even Mas Cargo is as rotten. I lost a couple of digital cameras once about 8 or 9 years back. Unfortunately for me the sender did not buy insurance so it was a great loss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? My complaint spurred Pos Malaysia into action! The package was found - opened, of course but everything was delivered to my friend intact :)

    ReplyDelete