Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last day

Today is my last day of French class. The administration in Toulouse announced that there is a huge budget cut (Thanks Sarko! Maybe you should have cut down on the budget for the wasted H1N1 vaccine and given it to us etrangeres who need the french lessons!) and so those who have already sat for the DILF exams have to make way for the newcomers. So today I bid farewell to the rest of my classmates. Quite a few of us had to leave today - Fatima from Morocco, Patricia and Andre from Portugal, Elizabeth from Mexico and me. Today, new students came in for class - there are quite a number of new faces and according to Mme Fleury, on Thursday there will be more. I am really sad to leave the class. Just when I was getting really comfortable and making some real progress, I've had to stop. Mme Fleury asked us not to stop doing french exercises and hopes to call us back within the next couple of weeks for new DELF classes - but the way Toulouse is dragging their answer on DELF makes me think that they will not be paying for the DELF classes and exams as well...

Anyway, when I went to pick Lucas from the creche today, he was outside playing with the other toddlers his age as it was a nice sunny day. When I went to pick him up, he didn't want to be picked up. Instead he walked over to one of the girls and asked for a kiss :)
Unfortunately for Lucas this girl wasn't feeling affectionate and pushed him away... Poor Lucas was so hurt he started crying from the rejection :) Little cutie doesn't realize that this one incident won't be his last :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the French class. I didn't know they would be cutting costs this way. Such a pity. Try to continue with other agencies.. perhaps Alliance Francais? Heard they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dida,
    :P Tarbes is so "ulu" there is no AF here... but looking at a private tutor for now - not one on one, that's too expensive. There are 3 of us now who want private tutoring. Missing going to class already :(

    ReplyDelete