Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The hazard of wearing a short dress

Today I flashed so many passersby I've lost count :( And no, I didn't do it on purpose. I actually forgot that I was wearing a short skirt and as I was stepping out of my car in a crowded public car park, in front of the Saturday market crowd, I inadvertently flashed everyone.
What's more, it doesn't help that my little car is a 2 door, so I had to bend over to retrieve Lucas from his car seat - and again, my skirt rode up to my bum :(
Walking down the street I was so conscious about the length of my skirt I would keep pulling and adjusting it. This comes from many many years of not wearing a short skirt so I am out of practice.

In the cafe where we stopped for breakfast, I again flashed the nice middle aged couple in front of me when I stood up from my chair. I should have twisted both legs out from under the table but I didn't.

And then Lucas decided he wanted to be carried - and I carried him but his foot stuck under my skirt and yanked it up in front of the kids at the carousel :(
Luckily no one screamed. But I was mortified. I don't think I will be wearing this dress again anytime soon...

5 comments:

  1. OMG! What colour you wearing?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the most funny thing that I have read in a long time. Hopefully it was a nice design and of a nice colour that matches your dress. I can just imagine your horror...... (feels like you were in the twilight zone.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you do not have a closet fetish that we are not aware of..... hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, luckily I was not wearing granny pants :D
    Anyway, if this had happened to someone else I'd think it was funny too! Like that one time I went to a water park and the young girl who'd come down the water slide in her bikini... and her bikini bottoms gave way!!!!! I'll never forget her expression cos she didn't realize it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyway, thank goodness it was not a g-string / thong / butt floss type (I hope), otherwise you would be "moon"ing everyone when you bent over to get Lucas from the car. :)

    ReplyDelete