Lucas' Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Potty training 2

Lucas is fascinated with the toilet. It could be a good thing I suppose, but he still isn't "going" on the toilet at home. In creche, he's done it once so far and the teachers assure me that that is a good start.
This morning I've had to clean up his mess again - this time he said "kaka" while he was doing it; even so I didn't manage to put him on the potty on time, and he did the deed in his PJs (he goes diaperless when he gets up in the mornings).

Lucas wants to come into the toilet everytime I am there or when his papa is there. He likes to flush. Yesterday he dropped his pacifier into the toilet bowl. Sigh. I had to fish it out and disinfect it because its his favourite one and I cannot get the same here without going to Mothercare. And while I was washing his pacifier I made the mistake of leaving him in the toilet - he was playing with the water in the toilet bowl when I found him :(

3 comments:

  1. Once, when Max was very young, he ventured into the toilet by himself, by the time we had found him, he was drinking water from the toilet brush holder... (he had just learnt to drink from a cup at that time, and wanted to show off his newly learnt skill)

    My hubby was so traumatised and thought something really bad was going to happen to Max from drinking all that dirty water..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son Ethan just turned 3 today and he just broke off half of one of his front teeth two days ago when he had and accident while zooming around the house on his push car. His lips were all bloodied and swollen... poor thing. Anyway Ethan is also not potty trained even though he has been fascinated by me and my wife's toilet trips. I believe that he is just stubborn. Thankfully he is not fascinated by the swirling movements when flushing and he has not tried to do anything funny yet. I hope that he will start soon as he is still on diapers and currently my problem is how to find a diaper size larger than XXL here in Malaysia should he fail to do the deed in the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Ming - :P actually would hv been hilarious... if it was not our own...!

    Ming Hock - Hope Ethan is OK. Same thing happened to my friend's toddler at the pool area in my KL condo. He fell down from the stairs and chipped his tooth. But he was fine a few days after.
    BTW mebbe you can try Huggies pull up pants in large sizes? Cos over here Huggies cater for big boys up to 14 yrs old...

    ReplyDelete